There is a lot of information on the internet about garage door openers, ranging from what to do if it doesn’t work properly to how it all works. Rarely, however, will you come across information on what to do when your garage door opens and closes by itself. That’s exactly what this article will discuss.
There are several reasons your garage door opens and closes by itself, such as:
- Short in the circuit board: If the circuit board where the wires are connected has a short circuit, your door will open and close by itself, making it dangerous for you and your family, especially when you have a car parked inside the garage.
- Radio interference: If you live in a neighbourhood where there are a lot of radio towers, you might have interference from the radio waves. This can cause the garage door to open by itself.
- Beam misalignment: If the sensors where the beams hit to open the door are misaligned, the door will not close properly, 1and it will open and close by itself.
- Bad weather: Heavy rains and thunderstorms can damage garage door systems. Electrical problems with the opener can cause it to fail in many homes, including your own. In addition, a heavy layer of snow or ice can form on top of the door, causing it to choke and reverse on its own.
- Stuck buttons: If your garage door opener has buttons that stick, it can also cause your door to open and close by itself.
How to Fix Garage Doors That Open and Close by Themselves?
You should call a professional garage door technician if you think your garage door opens and closes by itself, especially if a loud noise accompanies it. You do not want to end up with a car trapped inside your garage because of a bad opener.
In addition, you do not want to injure yourself or your family in case the door closes on you. The technician will inspect the entire system and repair the cause of the problem. If it’s a simple fix, they will repair the opener. If they find that there are more serious problems, they will replace it accordingly.
How to Find the Right Garage Door Technician?
You can find the right garage door technician for you by doing thorough research. You can visit review sites like Google and Yelp and read the comments of their past customers.
If you don’t find what you are looking for, call the company itself and ask for customer service. Get as much information as you can. Ask about their experience, what makes them better than their competitors, and so on. View the pictures of their services, the images of their past work, and the reviews from their previous customers.
It is rare for a garage door to open and close by itself. In most cases, it is a sign that something is wrong with your electric door opener. If you notice your garage door opening and closing on its own, you should call a professional technician to repair it. You don’t want your garage door system to fail on you when you are inside the garage, and you certainly do not want your family to get injured or trapped inside.
Capable One Door & Gate Services is a reliablgarage door company in Abbotsford, BC. We specialize in overhead door service for homes and businesses. Contact us today!